Happy Spring! I love this season as it brings new energy and growth all around. And for me it re-ignites my passion for dentistry. I love being a dentist and I’m honored to be yours!
I’m always excited about the current promotions we have running in the office and this month is no different. Check out all the exciting news below about our April special pricing on Night Guards and so much more.
I understand that a dental visit may not be ﬁrst on your list of fun things to do in life. It might not even be in the top ﬁve for many of you. Yet it remains a necessary part of maintaining a healthy mouth, teeth and gums. My goal has always been to build a comfortable environment where you can relax, enjoy a friendly atmosphere, and reduce some of the anxiety that may be attached to a dental visit. I strive every day to provide the most advanced dentistry possible in a setting that is actually fun.
I hope you are as excited about the Spring season as I am. I’ll be taking the week of Spring Break to enjoy time with family in Hot Springs so the office will be closed March 21 – 25. What are your big plans for Spring Break? Email me to let me know or feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns about your dental care. My direct email is email@example.com I’d love to hear from you!
Wishing you a wonderful Spring season and as always – Big SMILES!
Bad Breath Got You Down?
In the comfort of your own home, fresh breath is usually just a visit to the bathroom away. Unfortunately, you can’t take your sink with you on a date, to a job interview or anywhere the condition known as halitosis might make an unwelcome appearance. Luckily, you don’t need a full arsenal of toiletries to know how to stop bad breath in its tracks – even when you’re without your toothbrush.
With a few freshening-up strategies in your back pocket, there’s no reason your breath should ever be a cause for embarrassment.
- Eat Your Veggies – As Moms’ everywhere consistently advise, you can never get enough fruits and vegetables in your diet. Foods high in vitamin C can act as natural neutralizers for bad breath, particularly in dinners that include garlic and other rich seasonings. Consider supplementing your main course with a bag of baby carrots, or a few stalks of celery on the go. Apples can be helpful as well, or, if you’re in a restaurant, limit your beverage to sweetened water.
- Chew Gum – Keeping a stick of sugarless gum in your pocket can be a lifesaver if you need to stop bad breath when it visits you at an especially inconvenient time. Most sugar-free gums are sweetened with xylitol, which, according toHealthy Living, inhibits the growth of germs that disrupt an otherwise neutral breath. When chewing, focus on working the gum across your tongue and deep into your molars. For an extra boost of fresh breath on a special occasion, stick with mint flavors and then supplement that freshness with a mint-scented lip balm or lip gloss.
- Take a Swig – Because saliva is a natural cleanser, dry mouth is a veritable breeding ground for odorous bacteria. Unfortunately, it often comes along with a set of nerves, which is usually the time when you need your breath to smell pleasant. Whether it’s a date, interview, meeting or similarly stressful environment, keeping your mouth moist can go a long way toward banishing halitosis. Keep a bottle of water handy, and when you take a sip, make sure to swish the water around your mouth to rehydrate your tongue and gums.
- Tote a Toothbrush – You may not want to bring your toothbrush everywhere you go, but portable items like Colgate® Wisp® mean you don’t need the bathroom sink to get rid of bad breath. Portable toothbrushes don’t need water, allowing you to freshen up almost anywhere and then discreetly toss the toothbrush so there’s no evidence there was an issue. Keeping portable toothbrushes, a couple of floss picks and a few mints in a small container in your bag can save you from a bad breath moment just about anywhere.
- Eat Your Garnish – If you’re having dinner at your favorite Italian place, save the garnish for last: Herbs like parsley and mint are powerful breath neutralizers as well, especially if your bad breath is food-related. Pop a sprig in your mouth and chew for instantly fresher breath.
Don’t let bad breath leave you blushing; it happens to everyone. But you don’t need to be at home to go through your purifying routine. Instead, use what you have to tame your breath and make sure you’re ready for anything.
Special Pricing for the Month of April on Custom Night Guards!
Maybe you’ve woken up with sore teeth, a temporarily uncomfortable jaw, even a possible dull to piercing morning headache. If you’ve experienced any of these signs, you may be suffering from a condition called bruxism, or teeth grinding. According to the American Dental Association, teeth grinding affects around 10-15% of Americans today. There are many ways to alleviate the effects of teeth grinding, the most common being a night guard. .
Why Do I Grind My Teeth? Teeth grinding can occur for many reasons. Some include high stress levels and anxiety in your everyday life. More commonly, teeth grinding can be attributed to an irregular bite or from crooked or missing teeth.
I’m Not Sure if I Grind My Teeth. How Do I Know For Sure? It’s impossible to notice if you’re grinding your teeth at night since you’re fast asleep. The key indicators happen just as you are waking up and starting your day. Symptoms include: morning headaches, a sore, stiff or tender jaw, or painful/sensitive teeth.
What Happens to Untreated Bruxism? In serious cases, continual grinding of teeth can result in breaking or even loss of teeth. Untreated grinding will continue to wear the teeth down and will inevitably require treatment such as bridges, crowns, implants, etc..
How Does a Night Guard Help? We can fit you for a custom night guard that will protect you from grinding your teeth at night. You’ll put the night guard in before bed at night and it will act as a shield between your teeth, saving you from straining your jaw or destroying your precious pearly whites!
Is it Expensive? For the month of April, you can get your custom fitted mouth guard for a special price of $232. That’s a savings of 50%! And what a perfect time to take advantage of this offer. So if you’re tired of waking up in the morning with a sore jaw and want to prevent that stress from causing harm to your oral health then call our office today to schedule your appointment. You’ll be amazed at what a difference it can make!
Check out the results of one of our happy patients with her new Super-Thin / No-Prep Veneers. Beautiful!
CLICK HERE to learn more or call our office today to schedule your appointment.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Top 10 reasons to choose Dr. Hodous as your dentist!
A little dental fun to make you SMILE!
What did the tooth say to the departing dentist?… Fill me in when you get back
What does the dentist of the year get?… A little plaque
What game did the dentist play when he was a kid?… Caps and robbers
What does a dentist see at the North Pole?… A molar bear
What was the dentist doing in Panama?… Looking for a Root Canal
Where does the dentist get his gas?… At the filling station
What did the dentist say to the computer?… This won’t hurt a byte