Summer is now officially wrapped up and the kids are back to school. It won’t be long before the temperatures drop and we start thinking about the holiday season. It may seem early to be thinking about using those end-of-year insurance benefits, however the end of the year holidays creep up on all of us too quickly. Dental insurance benefits are typically not rolled over from one year to the next, so if you don’t use them… you’ll lose them!
If your benefits are on a calendar year basis and you have treatments you have been postponing, call Kelly at 479-582-1100 in my office and let her help you maximize your remaining insurance in a planned treatment sequence, where your most critical needs are addressed first and the more optional treatments are added later. This allows us to help minimize the possibility of unexpected emergencies and pain in which many people find themselves.
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns about your dental care. My direct email is email@example.com I’d love to hear from you!
Doesn’t everyone want dazzling pearly whites? Here are seven steps to make part of your daily routine that will make your SMILE sparkle.
It’s probably no surprise that a bright, white smile can make you appear younger and more attractive. In fact, according to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, a whopping 96 percent of respondents surveyed believe an attractive smile makes a person more appealing.
But good dental health goes beyond the way you look. The mouth is the gateway to the body, which means the state of your teeth and gums affects your overall health. By following these steps to a better smile, you’ll be taking important strides for the rest of your body, too.
1. Brush regularly. Brushing is the cornerstone of dental hygiene. It removes food particles that bacteria feed on, cleans teeth, and freshens breath. According to Dr. Hodous, brush three times a day and be sure you brush for at least two minutes. Many electric toothbrushes have a built-in two-minute timer, which can make brushing for the full amount of time easier.
2. Floss daily. Flossing removes the bacteria from in between your teeth that your toothbrush does not reach, which helps prevent gum disease. Dr. Hodous recommends flossing twice a day, but if you only do it once daily, be sure to floss before bedtime. When you sleep, you produce less saliva, which leaves teeth and gums particularly vulnerable to bacteria.
3. Visit your dentist. Visit your dentist at least twice a year for thorough dental cleanings. Your dentist can spot the early signs of gum disease, which is more easily treated when caught in the beginning stages.
You know that Dr. Hodous and his staff are committed to making sure that you have the best dental care available. But how well do you really know your dental team? Let’s see how much you know about Dr. Hodous, Kelly and Olivia:
1) Who was voted most likely to succeed in high school?
2) Who hates pasta?
3) Who has NEVER had a cavity?
4) Who has NEVER had a speeding ticket?
5) Who was the drum-line captain their junior and senior year of high school?
6) Whose favorite hobby is dancing?
Scroll down to the ‘Just for Fun’ section of this newsletter to find the answers. Let us know how you did!
Your referrals are our biggest compliment! Have you heard about our program to reward you for referring your friends and family to our practice? Simply refer your friends and family members and have them mention your name when making an appointment. Refer as many people as you like. You will be entered once for every referral that keeps their first appointment. Drawings will be held at the end of each quarter. CLICK HERE to learn more about the Referral Rewards program.
The next drawing will be held the end of September and we’re sending one lucky winner on a shopping spree! You’ll enjoy a shopping trip to Dr. Hodous’ favorite store – Cabella’s in Rogers! It’s a great outfitters store for all your hunting, fishing and outdoor recreational needs. Happy Shopping!